Our Cadet Leaders
Our Cadet Scheme provides a varied and interesting programme of activities for a diverse group of young people aged between 14 and 17 years old, both male and female, from all sections of the community.
As a Cadet Leader you will be;
- a positive role model to young people
- delivering an exciting programme of activities within your community including first aid, teambuilding, hose running and fire safety
- attending public events with the Cadets representing NIFRS.
Here’s what our people have to say
“It’s so rewarding encouraging our young people to gain confidence and self-belief. They leave the scheme as ambassadors for NIFRS in their communities. I encourage others to volunteer. It arms you with so many life skills and gives great insight into our Fire & Rescue Service for those interested in a career.”
Volunteer Cadet Leader
Bangor Fire Cadets
- have a friendly attitude
- have good inter-personal skills
- have the ability to work well within a team and to follow and give instructions
- have a desire to learn new skills and knowledge?
And, are you are over 18?
Our Volunteer Cadet Leader roles are flexible and at based at Fire Stations in Bangor, Belfast, Cookstown, Lisburn and Newry.
The Scheme raises awareness of the activities of the Fire & Rescue Service and provides an opportunity for personal development including communication skills, leadership, assertiveness, social skills and problem solving.
You will have to complete an application form, attend an interview and provide references. If successful you will complete an induction, training and Access NI Check to get you started.
Your role manager will support you while you are volunteering for us. All our volunteers are given a uniform and identity card. We will reimburse all pre-agreed out-of-pocket expenses incurred while volunteering for NIFRS.
So, do you want to;
- make a difference
- have a worthwhile and rewarding role dedicated to helping your community
- meet new people
- develop new skills
- be part of an award winning team that saves lives every day?
If so, email [email protected] with the subject Cadet Leader.
Safeguarding is everyone’s business
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from abuse. We strive to promote the safety, dignity and wellbeing of public and our people.
We work in partnership to apply both our Policy and Statement to our work with children, young people and adults.