The Safer Together Project is a partnership between Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT) and NIFRS that aims to reach those most at risk from fire in our community.
The project team identified that people working in the community needed more support to identify and manage fire risks in the homes of the people they care for. They have created the resources below to meet the needs of those working and living in the community.
- The Safer Together Brochure provides more information on the project.
- There are two fire risk awareness videos available, one for Social Work and Social Care and the other for service users and the family, friends and neighbours of older people.
- The Fire Risk Awareness Form highlights fire risks for social workers and Social Care staff in the community.
- The Fire Risk Identification and Management Information Booklet provides social workers, and others in health and social care, with detailed information on fire risks and intervention strategies to mitigate the risk.
- We have leaflets that address the issue of neighbours not responding to smoke alarms sounding and the main risks of fire for older people. If you would like either of these, email us at [email protected] or call our Prevention Team on 028 90310360.