Do you have what it takes to be a Firefighter?
Firefighters face dangerous situations therefore courage and remaining calm under pressure is essential. You will need to think on your feet, quickly weigh up a situation and act accordingly.
Becoming a Firefighter is a challenge and many Firefighters spent years applying and getting prepared. To be a Firefighter you’ll need particular Personal Qualities and Attributes and remain physically fit throughout your career.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
Do you have the following qualities and attributes?
- A commitment to diversity and integrity
- An openness to change
- Confidence and resilience
- The ability to work well with others
- Effective communication skills
- Commitment to development
- Problem Solving.
Wholetime Firefighter Checklist
- 18 years or older by the date of commencing training? (The date will be supplied during the recruitment and selection process)
- Able to work anywhere in Northern Ireland?
- Able to work our shift patterns?
- Able to demonstrate the necessary skills, personal qualities and attributes of a Firefighter?
- Do you live a healthy, active lifestyle?
- Do you want to be part of a team?
- Do you want to learn something new every day?
- Do you want to make a difference?
If so, make sure you check out the Candidate Application Pack for full details of requirements and criteria. Visit nifrs.getgotjobs.co.uk/home GetGot™ Portal – Register (getgotjobs.co.uk) to register for job alerts.