Seáinin McCann Crew Commander Blue Watch, Springfield Fire Station Read this articleRead all 9 articles
|Date, Time:||30 December 2019, 3:32pm|
|Location:||Selshion Parade, Portadown|
On Monday 30 December at 3:32pm, Firefighters were called to reports of a suspected gas explosion at a house in Selshion Parade, Portadown. Two Appliances from Portadown Fire Station and one Appliance from Lurgan Fire Station attended the incident. Firefighters set up a cordon and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. Firefighters used gas monitors on the property and adjoining properties and all readings were found to be normal. No mains gas was involved and the incident is believed to have been caused by the pressurised cylinder in a battery-operated air freshener being left on top of an electric hob. One woman was checked over by the Ambulance Service as a precaution, but did not need to attend hospital. The cause of the fire was accidental and the incident was dealt with by 5:01pm.