Catherine Bloomfield Road Safety Manager Headquarters Read this articleRead all 9 articles
|Date, Time:||19 February 2019, 10.09am|
|Location:||Glenabbey Crescent, L'Derry|
NIFRS received a call to a fire in the hallway of ground floor flats on Glenabbey Crescent, Derry at 10.09am on Tuesday 19 February 2019.
Three appliances attended the scene – two from Northland and one from Crescent Link Fire Station. A man in his 40’s was rescued by firefighters and treated by ambulance personnel at the scene. All other people in the flats were accounted for.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire. The cause of the fire has been determined as deliberate. Thankfully, the occupier had a working smoke alarm fitted which alerted him to the fire. This incident demonstrates the importance of having a smoke alarm fitted on every floor of your home and the need to test it once a week to ensure its working.
The incident was dealt with at 10.38am.