Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service

Carbon Monoxide Incident, Cookstown

Date, Time: 14 August 2018, 6.59am
Location: Drum Road, Cookstown
Details:

A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) Spokesperson said:

“The thoughts and sympathy of NIFRS are with the family of the lady who died following a carbon monoxide incident at a house in the Drum Road, Cookstown this morning. (14 August 2018)

“NIFRS received a call at 6.59am from the NI Ambulance Service to attend a carbon monoxide incident.  Ambulance personnel were already at the scene and were treating two casualties, a man and woman, who were then transferred to Craigavon Area Hospital.

“Firefighters using gas monitors took gas readings from inside the property which found significant levels of carbon monoxide and ventilated the property.  Gas readings were also taken from adjacent houses and two properties were evacuated for a short time as a precaution. 

“For safety advice with regard carbon monoxide visit www.hseni.gov.uk/watchout or call 0800 0320 121.”

 


Chief’s Blog

Stop Fire

Safety Check

Road Safety

Job Vacancies

Fire Safety