Rosemary Sheppard Copy Typist Operations Policy Unit, NIFRS HQ Read this articleRead all 10 articles
|Date, Time:||Monday 12th February 2018, 13:50|
|Location:||BANGOR – SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE – CASUALTY / RESCUE – SMOKE ALARM|
NIFRS responded to a fire at a semi-detached house at Meadowvale Park, Rathgael, Bangor. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet, a covering jet and a CO2 extinguisher to extinguish the blaze. A 78-year-old man was led to safety by FRS. He suffered mild smoke inhalation. The casualty was taken to the Ulster Hospital by ambulance. Sounding smoke alarm alerted occupier. The cause of the fire appeared accidental. Fire crews from Bangor station attended the incident.