- persons of different religious belief, political opinion, racial group, age, marital status and sexual orientation;
- between men and women generally;
- persons with a disability and persons without; and
- persons with dependants and persons without
Without prejudice to these obligations each public body in carrying out its functions relating to Northern Ireland must also have regard to the desirability of promoting Good Relations between persons of different religious belief, political opinion or racial group.
- assessing its compliance with the duties under Section 75;
- assessing and consulting on the likely impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity;
- monitoring any adverse impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity;
- publishing the results of such assessments;
- training staff;
- ensuring and assessing public access to information and services provided by the public body.
Our Equality Scheme was approved by the Equality Commission on 14 August 2001. In accordance with Schedule 9 of the Act we have set out in an Equality Scheme how we propose to fulfill the Statutory Duties. A copy of our Equality Scheme can be downloaded from clicking this link – Equality Scheme