Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service

Condolences Following Fatal House Fire, Belfast

A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) Spokesperson said:


“The thoughts and sympathies of Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) are with the family and friends of the man who died following a house fire yesterday morning (11 November 2018) in Belfast.


“NIFRS received a call at 12.12am to a 2 storey mid terrace house in Kyle Street, Belfast. 2 Fire Appliances from Knock Fire Station and 1 Fire Appliance from Central Fire Station attended the incident.


“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and carried out a search. Firefighters rescued a man in his 50s from a first floor bedroom and removed him to the ground floor of the property where they administered first aid prior to the arrival of the Ambulance Service.  A small smouldering fire in the bedroom was extinguished by Firefighters. Tragically the man was confirmed dead at the scene by Ambulance personnel.


“Firefighters used gas monitors to check for the presence of carbon monoxide in the adjoining properties – all readings were zero.


“The cause of the fire was determined as accidental.


“The incident was dealt with at 3.04am.”


Chief’s Blog

Stop Fire

Safety Check

Road Safety

Job Vacancies

Fire Safety