How we carry out Home Fire Safety Checks during COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed how we are carrying out Home Fire Safety Checks in order to minimise the risk to the people we visit, and our personnel.
If you require a Home Fire Safety Check and agree to a home visit, you can be assured that our personnel will apply strict COVID-19 measures using appropriate personal protective equipment.
What to expect if you agree to a Home Fire Safety Check visit?
- NIFRS personnel will telephone on the date of the visit to confirm there are no changes to your circumstances regarding Covid-19
- NIFRS personnel will be wearing appropriate Personal Protection Equipment at all times during the visit. This includes –
- Face masks
- Eye protection
- The number of NIFRS personnel entering your home will be limited to two
- NIFRS personnel will stay together while in your home
- We will maintain the maximum social distancing of two metres
- The time we spend in your home will be kept to a minimum
- NIFRS personnel will limit contact with surfaces in your home
If you do not want us to visit your home.
Alternatively, if you do not want us to visit your home, we can complete a Home Fire Safety Check over the telephone with you. A follow up visit can be arranged at a later date which suits.