Protecting the people of Northern Ireland from fire and other dangers through the provision of an efficient and effective fire and rescue service.
We measure and monitor risk across the community to ensure we can respond effectively to a number of different emergency situations to save lives and protect property and the environment.
Situations where we provide an emergency response include:
• Dwelling fires
• Other building fires
• Other fires including cars, gorse, forestry, wildland
• Special service calls such as rescue/release of people trapped
• Road traffic collisions
• Other transport incidents such as aircraft, shipping, rail
• Hazardous material incidents including environmental or pollution
• Extreme weather events such as heavy rain resulting in flooding
For further information relating to the functions of NIFRS Operations please click on the links below: